For those who still like the 'old' format of the video, here it is too:
Watch live video from Write Time at 9 on Justin.tv
It's a first for Write Time, a recorded chat! We finally figured out how to do a screen capture recording while doing the live broadcast, which allows you to see the chat after the fact. Yay! The audio's not quite synched up, which bothers me but not enough to import it, adjust it, export it, and reupload it to YouTube, so you'll just have to deal with that :P I'll see if I can do anything to fix that for next week.
I'll be honest, it's a lot of work to do the screen capture with the chat recording, and the results were not quite what I was hoping for. I have been getting a lot of feedback that the old way was better, and it's certainly less time and effort for me to leave the recordings the way they were instead of doing them with the chat. If you like the chat, speak up, because unless I get some really positive feedback about it, I don't think I'll continue doing it.
Here's everything we covered (basically):
- TWSBI 540 to land soon!
- Kaweco (new Classic Sport and ICE Sport colors, calligraphy sets)
- Lamy (new pen colors)
- Private Reserve DC Super Violet ink
- Sheaffer 100's, 300's, Prelude's, and VFM's
- J.B.'s Perfect Pen Flush
- Taccia pens (Savanna, Doric, Legato)
- Wood pen cases (trying to gauge interest in them)
- Setting up an Ink Nouveau podcast (yup, it's happening)
- September Ink Drop theme announcement
- The Goulet Outlét clearance deals, what's up with that?!
Thanks to everyone who joined us live, it was fun as always :)