It’s official, the new Edison Nouveau Encore pen is set to release on Wednesday, April 18th during our live Write Time broadcast at 9pm EDT. We’ve been on a hiatus with the broadcast over the last month as we’ve been moving our shop, and we thought there would be no better way to end the hiatus than with the release of our newest pen collaboration with the Edison Pen Co! Brian Gray will be joining us live by phone for the release of the pen as well, and he always makes sure we have a grand ol’ time!
So here’s how it’s all going to go down, I’m going to use this opportunity to really have fun with my photography. I’m going to take a slew of teaser pictures of the new pens, posting them every day up until the big release on the 18th. Each day I’m going to reveal a little more on the pens, so it’ll be a titillating week for Ink Nouveau 😉
A few things I can give away at this point:
- The official name of the next Edison Nouveau is the Encore (the first pen was the Premiere, sense a theme?)
- It is going to be smaller than any Edison pen we currently offer, in length and diameter
- It uses a #5 nib (smaller than the #6 nib on all of the other Edisons we carry), it’s the same nib used on the Mina, if you’re familiar with that.
- It will showcase 3 new features never seen Edison offer before
- It will be available in 3 materials
- It will be cartridge/converter/eyedropper just like all the other Edison pens
- It will be available in fine, medium and broad steel nibs, no extra-fine for the time being unless custom-ground by Brian Gray
- The nibs will be easily swappable and available separately for purchase, just like the #6 Edison nibs are for the existing pen models
- The cap is postable
- It does have a clip
|Edison Nouveau Encore pens, in all three colors.|
In order to take this picture, I took the image from several feet away with a 24-70mm lens (set at 24mm), and put it as out of focus as it would go. I blew a breath of hot air on the lens to make it hazy, to obscure it even more. Then I gave it a heavy vignette in post for added dramatic effect! I’ll be posting more creative pictures each day, revealing a little more about the pens every day. Enjoy!