So here's how it's all going to go down, I'm going to use this opportunity to really have fun with my photography. I'm going to take a slew of teaser pictures of the new pens, posting them every day up until the big release on the 18th. Each day I'm going to reveal a little more on the pens, so it'll be a titillating week for Ink Nouveau ;)
A few things I can give away at this point:
- The official name of the next Edison Nouveau is the Encore (the first pen was the Premiere, sense a theme?)
- It is going to be smaller than any Edison pen we currently offer, in length and diameter
- It uses a #5 nib (smaller than the #6 nib on all of the other Edisons we carry), it's the same nib used on the Mina, if you're familiar with that.
- It will showcase 3 new features never seen Edison offer before
- It will be available in 3 materials
- It will be cartridge/converter/eyedropper just like all the other Edison pens
- It will be available in fine, medium and broad steel nibs, no extra-fine for the time being unless custom-ground by Brian Gray
- The nibs will be easily swappable and available separately for purchase, just like the #6 Edison nibs are for the existing pen models
- The cap is postable
- It does have a clip
That's all I'm going to say for now, I have a week to tease you and I don't want to give it all away up front! Here's the first of a bunch of teaser photos yet to come, it's all three pens and I'll let you try to figure them out. :)
|Edison Nouveau Encore pens, in all three colors.|
In order to take this picture, I took the image from several feet away with a 24-70mm lens (set at 24mm), and put it as out of focus as it would go. I blew a breath of hot air on the lens to make it hazy, to obscure it even more. Then I gave it a heavy vignette in post for added dramatic effect! I'll be posting more creative pictures each day, revealing a little more about the pens every day. Enjoy!