As a part of my new blog format, Fridays will now be reserved for Fountain Pen 101, a series of videos on elementary fountain pen education. The idea behind Fountain Pen 101 is that there is a desperate need for education for those who are interested in fountain pens but who need to learn the basics.
The world of fountain pens is vast and very rewarding, but it can certainly be intimidating unless you have some guidance. Rather than send you off to random forums and blogs to piece together bits of information, I’m going to step you through all of the things you need to know to begin learning and growing as a fountain pen enthusiast.
These videos will all be compiled into the Fountain Pen 101 section of the Fountain of Knowledge on GouletPens.com. The Fountain of Knowledge is an emporium of all the best pictures, reviews, and online tools that we’ve built over the last two years to help fountain pen enthusiasts make the most out of their writing experience.
Some ideas of FP 101 videos that I will produce include:
- Explaining the differences between ballpoints, gel rollerballs, and fountain pens
- How paper can affect your fountain pen writing
- The ‘Trifecta’ of pen, ink, and paper
- Pen filling mechanisms
- Explaining different ink characteristics
- How to fill piston pens
- How to load an ink cartridge into your pen
- Elemental fountain pen terminology
- How to properly maintain and clean your pens
- and a lot more!
See the other Fountain Pen 101 videos here.