I’ve talked about ink cartridges and filling mechanisms already in the Fountain Pen 101 series, and I want to build upon that with today’s tutorial on refilling empty ink cartridges.
Why would you refill ink cartridges?
- To save money, so you don’t have to buy a converter for your cartridge/converter pen
- Higher ink capacity, some cartridges have higher ink capacities than their matching converters
- More ink options, as some pens only take cartridges like the Kaweco Sport and J. Herbin Rollerball pen
- A pen that takes cartridges
- Empty ink cartridges (you’ll need to save these, as you usually can’t buy them empty)
- At least one ink syringe, two make the process faster
- Bottled ink
There are also a lot of other great uses for ink syringes, see my video on them here.
Let me know what you think about it in the comments 🙂 See the other Fountain Pen 101 videos here.