First things first! The $25 GouletPens.com gift certificate first-prize winner of the July "Summer Olympics" Ink Drop contest was Sauni-Rae Dain with the amazing depiction of words formed into the Olympic rings (shown below). What amazing work!
The $10 gift certificate runners-up were Gerald Taylor with his humorous letter, and Ana Reinhart with her names and swabs. Thank you to all three of you for your submissions!
Now on to August....
August's Ink Drop theme is Get in the Shade. Each color tends to demonstrate high shading, at least in the right pen and the right paper. ;) After nearly two years of doing Ink Drop, it's getting harder and harder to find colors that we haven't previously used, as some of our favorite shaders were already used in past months. But we think we found some good ones here! The colors chosen were:
- De Atramentis Robert Louis Stevenson
- De Atramentis Steel Blue
- Diamine Ancient Copper (this will be back in stock by the end of the week!)
- Noodler's Habanero
- Noodler's Kiowa Pecan
Now on to this month's contest! All you have to do is to submit an entry that uses all five Ink Drop colors and is related to that month's theme.
Contest Entry Guidelines/Rules:
- You can submit any kind of writing or artwork. It can be an ink review, a poem, a watercolor wash, a sketch, swabs, words, or even get all scientific with chromatography... it just has to be ink on paper.
- You must use all five Ink Drop colors.
- It would be awesome if it relates to the theme, but not required.
- Entry can be submitted electronically (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or via snail mail (The Goulet Pen Company, 10201 Maple Leaf Court, Ashland, VA 23005). Any physical submissions will become our property to hang up on our letter wall. :)
- Entry must be received by August 31, 2012 at 11:59pm EST.
- You can submit as many entries as you like, but you will only be eligible for one prize.
- Please include your name and email when submitting your entry so that we can contact you if you're a winner!
- The voting period will be open on September 1, 2012 and close on September 6, 2012 at 11:59pm EST. It will be announced through Ink Nouveau with a link to the image gallery and a link to vote. You may vote once - just vote for your favorite entry!
- The entry receiving with the most votes will win a $25 GouletPens.com gift certificate. The second- and third-place entries will each receive a $10 gift certificate. We'll announce the winners on September 7 on Ink Nouveau.