I’ve recently accomplished a major personal goal of mine in the last six months, to lose more than 45 pounds. I set this goal privately on June 15th, 2013, and achieved it on December 16th, 2013. Many of you have noticed my transformation in my videos, and I’ve been getting a lot of questions about how I went about doing this. The timing worked out really nicely where I achieved my goal just two weeks before the start of the New Year. I’ve been taking the last couple of weeks to reflect on my experience and clarify the principles that helped me to actually accomplish this. I put this together into a video to help to motivate and inspire you for any goal you may have set for yourself, especially in this time of New Year’s resolutions.
I have put my goal-oriented principles into what I call BLISS:
- Benefits– things that motivate you when your end goal doesn’t
- Lifestyle– setting your life on a new trajectory
- Incentives– rewarding yourself for achievements that work towards your end goal
- Support– people, education, and tools to motivate and inspire you
- Sacrifice– achieving any significant goal requires compromise and dedication
I explain each of these and how they helped me to accomplish my goal, as well as give you some inspiring words to show that you can accomplish what you set out to do as long as you are realistic with yourself about what it will take to achieve it.