Noodler’s is well-known for their flex-nib pens, and they just released a new size #6 non-flex nib in fine/medium size. The best part? It’s $2. Yeah. $2.
I show you how to install it in the Noodler’s Ahab and Konrad (all versions) here, and ink it up for a test drive. I thought it’d be a good baseline to compare it to a couple of Lamy nibs as well, though you can check the nibs out for yourself against any of the many nibs I’ve tested in the Nib Nook.
These nibs will be great for converting your flex pen into an everyday pen, or just screwing around with nib smoothing/grinding. At this price, geez, why not just have some to play around with, you seriously can’t find nibs cheaper than this.
The video’s a pretty decent length, but covers some really useful tips for you:
- Closeup of the nib: (1:58)
- Installing the nib in a Noodler’s Ahab: (2:58)
- Installing the nib in a Noodler’s Konrad: (7:30)
- Nib comparison between Noodler’s and Lamy: (9:30)
- Writing with the Noodler’s nib: (10:58)