You read right, it's Fountain Pen Day today! Since the founding of the holiday in 2012, fountain pen enthusiasts all over the world are celebrating the passion and community surrounding these marvelous writing instruments. Here at GouletPens.com we are particularly infatuated with fountain pens, and they're not only our passion but also our way of life!
We made this video especially for you, with many members of our team sharing what we love most about fountain pens. We hope you particularly enjoy this video, as it is a magnificent work from our videographer, Jenni. I'm personally so proud of her and my whole team for representing my company so well and sharing their very genuine enthusiasm.
There are a lot of ways you can participate in the celebration of Fountain Pen Day today. Here are a few to get you thinking:
- Send pictures of handwritten notes to your friends by text
- Write your mother or grandmother a handwritten letter (and mail it)
- Tweet out pictures of handwritten tweets (hashtags and emoticons, too)
- Share this video and the many other videos and blog posts you're likely to see floating around today
- Take a picture of your pens and writing and share on Instagram
- Encourage someone you know who's never written with a fountain pen to write with one of yours for the first time
- Give a pen you never use anymore to someone who you know would appreciate it
- Comment on bloggers' Fountain Pen Day blog posts
- Shop for pen stuff (though I don't want you to think this is my motivation for promoting the holiday)
- Clean your pens!
I'm sure you can find other creative ways to share the fountain pen love today. Have a great Fountain Pen Day, and I'd love to hear how you plan to celebrate in the comments below!