Hey there, Brian Goulet here and I'm going to give you a quick run-down of the new limited edition Visconti Saturno. This is a seriously limited pen new from Visconti, with only 88 pieces per color worldwide, except for the Blue Titan which is limited to 118 pieces. Each pen is numbered and comes with a card letting you know which number you received. It is similar in design to the Visconti Rembrandt, but with more of a retro look and with the full-size 23kt palladium Dreamtouch nib that's normally only found on more expensive Visconti pens like the Homo Sapiens, Divina, and Opera Master.
There are four finishes available, named after the 4 largest moons of Saturn:
- Grip is slick metal fairly short but the threads are shallow and comfortable to hold
- 3 enameled rings reminiscent of the rings around Saturn
- Grip is numbered
- 35.6g, on the heavy side
- The cap is a lot of the weight, and it’s long enough to use unposted comfortably
- Unposted it’s a little nib-heavy
- Posted the pen is pretty well-balanced, though might be long for some hands
- 23kt Palladium Dreamtouch
- Chemical element 46
- Softest and least dense member of the platinum family
- Performance in a nib is really similar to gold
- Most commonly used in white gold alloys for jewelry (and catalytic converters!)
- 1.3mm stub
- Screw-cap, push to post
- Spring clip with Visconti logo enameled to match the rings
- Standard international threaded cartridge/converter
- Fits short and long standard international converters
We're excited to offer the hand-crafted Visconti Saturno at Goulet Pens. The MSRP is $595, but once you log into your gouletpens.com account on our store, and you'll automatically see our best price. Don't have an account? It's free and super easy to set up - just go to our store and click "Sign Up" at the top.
Our product pages have more detailed product specifications and pictures, and of course, if you have a question, be sure to leave me a comment below!