Hi, everyone! Margaret here, and it's no secret that I love purple ink. We recently added Violet and White to our De Atramentis Document ink line offering at GouletPens.com. These inks are particularly unique because they are both permanent and waterproof, so I was excited to take this ink for a spin. Read on to find out more!
- Lamy Al-Star with medium steel nib (also EF and F nib)
- Rhodia No. 16 dotpad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River white paper
- Moleskine notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- Medium - This ink was dry in about 25 seconds. When dry, it's both permanent and waterproof, making it a worth the wait!
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- High - The Document ink line is fantastic because they are completely water resistant. During my test, there was absolutely no movement of the ink when water was applied with a q-tip or when water was dropped on the ink.
- Medium - There's a slight difference between swabs 1 and 2, but you can see the real difference between 1 and 3.
- Medium - This ink is permanent which causes it to be a little more difficult to clean, but nothing to worry about. If water isn't enough when you're cleaning, try something like Pen Flush.
- Medium - This ink is a fairly light shade of purple, but you can still see some slight color variation in letters.
- Medium - This ink wasn't overly wet, but it flowed well in all the nib sizes I used it with.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- 35ml glass bottle, as well as 2 ml samples
- You can also find it available in the De Atramentis Document Ink sample package
|See more of this ink here|
If you find yourself in need of a permanent purple ink, give this one a try! It flowed well in the Konrad brush pen, as well as the Lamy Al-Star, and I imagine this would be wonderful to sketch with too. There are really only a few other purple inks that are water resistant, but no other one with this particular shade of purple (and without the high maintenance qualities as well).
You can find De Atramentis Document Ink Violet available in a 35ml bottle for $19.95. You can also try a 2ml sample of the ink for $1.75.
Have you tried any of the Document inks from De Atramentis before? What are your thoughts?