Hi ink lovers, Margaret here. Are you on the hunt for a new ink? Diamine Marine just may be your new favorite ink. It's a beautiful turquoise that has great shading and is well behaved. Let's take a deeper look at what makes this ink a favorite for many!
- Lamy Al-Star with medium steel nib (also EF and B nib)
- Rhodia No. 16 dotpad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River white paper
- Moleskine notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- Medium - This ink took about 20 seconds to dry, which to me is great. I didn't have to wait a long time until it was dry and I could see that being really convenient if using this ink to write notes or a letter.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low - If you're looking for water resistance, this isn't the turquoise ink for you. However, when I used it in my Monday Matchup, I found I could get a wide range of color by adding water to the ink. But know that if you spill water on your notebook inked up with Marine, you'll be out of luck.
- Low - This is not a highly saturated ink; you can see the difference in the swab test. You'll see below that Marine looks different in a range of different nibs and sizes. It can range from a deep turquoise, to a lighter teal depending on what pen you ink up.
- Easy -No issues here with cleaning. This ink is easy to use and easy to clean!
- High - Diamine Marine is included in Brian's top shading inks list, and for good reason. The shading is beautiful!
- Medium- This ink has great flow, and a quick dry time. That's a win-win in my book.
- 30ml plastic and 80ml glass bottles available. I personally love the 30 ml bottles and imagine they would be great to travel with.
- The bottles are easy to fill from.
I really enjoyed using this ink! While it's not your standard blue or black ink, I find that it's professional enough to be used at school, or while jotting down notes in most meetings. It offers incredible shading, it's easy to use in a variety of pens, and it flows nicely. The only drawback is that it won't offer you any water resistance. But as long as you know that before using it, don't hesitate to ink up with Diamine Marine!
You can find Diamine Marine available at GouletPens.com in an 80ml bottle for $14.95 or in a 30ml bottle for $7.50. We also have 2ml samples of Diamine Marine for $1.25.
Do you enjoy inks that can look different in a wide range of nib sizes?