Hi, everyone, Whitney here. For this week's Monday Matchup, I paired an Aurora Ipsilon Satin Black with a fine nib and Visconti Green together. I was quite excited for this pairing. I have had quite a few pink-ish inks for my Monday Matchups and I was excited to branch out from that. Also, I find myself drawn to the fine nib on the Aurora Ipsilon. I love finer nibs because I write pretty small so it was great to have a nib that didn't put down a ton of ink and made that possible. Read on to hear more about my experience with this pen and ink.
I have a bit of a botanical fixation when it comes to my Monday Matchup drawings so naturally, I went with plant drawings again this week. I appreciate seasonally themed quotes and art for Monday Matchup and I really like drawing leaves. I found this quote especially fitting since winter is coming before we know it. So I wrote out the quote in the center of my page. I realized later that I didn't quite get the quote right but I think the feeling I was going for is still there. Then I researched some species of plants native to Virginia that are also winter appropriate. I drew the plants around the quote. I thought they framed it nicely.
I liked the nib on this pen much more than my previous Monday Matchup choices. It allowed me to get more detail in the drawings and I didn't ever feel like there was too much ink put down. This nib is a little toothier and I really enjoyed that feeling. I also love green, so I found this ink a pleasant change from my previously used pink tones. This pen and ink would be great for just about anything really. I had fun drawing with it but I'm also sure it would be great for a variety of writing scenarios. The only thing I would change about this matchup is making sure I wrote the quote out correctly. I loved the pen and ink though!
You can find the Aurora Ipsilon for $99 at GouletPens.com. Visconti Green is available in a 40ml bottle for $17.50, a 2ml sample for $1.50, or a set of 7 cartridges for $6.90.
Follow the directions below for a chance to win this pen and ink. We're excited to see what pen and ink you have matched!
How to enter Monday Matchup Giveaway:
- Match a pen and ink together. They don't have to match in color, any fountain pen and ink works.
- Take a picture of your pen and ink matchup.
- Find the entry details and instructions below on how to share your picture with us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or as a blog comment*.
- You can choose to enter only one way, or submit up to 4 different entries if you'd like. Feel free to use the same picture for all 4 entries.
- Confirm your entry via the Rafflecopter widget below which will record your entries. This is how we'll draw a random winner. Since it's totally random, you're eligible to win each week!
- *Due to recent changes with the Disqus platform, you must register for a Disqus account in order to post a photo entry in the blog comments.