That being said, here at GouletPens.com, we currently offer three different varieties of A5 size Leuchtturm1917 Notebooks. Trying to differentiate between the regular Leuchtturm1917 A5 Notebook, the Leuchtturm1917 Bullet Journal, and the Leuchtturm1917 Weekly Planner can be tricky. We've put together this comparison video and blog to give you all the details and figure out which notebook is the best for you!
|Leuchtturm1917 A5 Notebook comparison|
- A5 size which is a European sizing measuring 145mmx210mm or 5.7in x 8.26in. People like this size because it fits in your lap and is easy to write in, but can also slide quickly into your bag or backpack
- A stretchy elastic band to keep it closed
- Back pocket for safe storage
- Paper quality- all the paper in each of these notebooks is fountain pen friendly
- Numbered pages for quick referencing (the Weekly Planner is numbered by the weeks)
- Thin, rigid, durable covers
- Filing stickers
- Bookmarks for easy reference
- Affordable- around $19.50-$25 for each of these, depending on type
- Threadbound and lay flat
Leuchtturm1917 A5 Bullet Journal Notebook
|Ryder Carroll's Leuchtturm1917 A5 Bullet Journal Notebooks|
When you open it you'll notice the following:
- A key on the left inside cover with room to add your own symbols
- Name & Contact info on the first page made of thicker paper
- Bullet Journaling Tips from the creator of the Bullet Journaling system, Ryder Caroll
- An index (index is used to quickly find collections in your bullet journal)
- A Future Log which is on pages 1-4
|Symbol key on the inside cover of the Leuchtturm1917 A5 Bullet Journal|
- An introduction to bullet journaling
- Definition of Rapid logging
- Helpful Tips
- An overview of Collections
- An overview of Migration
- An overview of Indexing
If you are considering picking up the Leuchtturm1917 A5, some of pros are the Key & Tips at the beginning in the end of the journal. This is especially helpful if you are new to Bullet Journaling, because you can quickly reference them if need be. The same goes for the explanation of symbols, and overviews of collections, migration, and index. The three bookmarks come in handy, too, because you don't have to scramble to find your collection. Finally, since the majority of the pages are numbered with a dot grid ruling, they are easy to adapt to your own style, whether that is a minimalist approach or highly artistic.
Some of the cons of using this the Bullet Journal as opposed to any of the other Leuchtturm1917 A5 options are that there are less pages, and no removable note pages in the back. It is also only available with a dot grid ruling, so if you like lines or blank, no dice.
You can find the Leuchtturm1917 A5 Bullet Journal in Black or Emerald at GouletPens.com for $24.95.
Leuchtturm1917 A5 Notebook
|Leuchtturm1917 A5 Notebooks|
|Leuchtturm1917 A5 Dot Grid Notebook with a customized calendar|
- 2 bookmarks, one stripped, one solid
- Perforated pages for easy removal at the back
You can find the Leuchtturm1917 A5 Notebook at GouletPens.com for $19.95.
Leuchtturm1917 A5 Weekly Planner
|Leuchtturm1917 Medium A5 Weekly Planners|
When you open it, you'll notice the following:
- A 3-year overview featuring the previous, current, and next year
- Year overview with phases of the moon and room for even writing
- An official holiday calendar for 58 countries
- A dated project planner with January-June on left page, and July-December on the right
|Project planning feature inside of a Leuchtturm1917 Weekly Planner|
- 3 sheets of blank paper, with 8 sheets of detachable paper for notes
- A removable guide with lined ruling on one side and a graph ruling on the other
- A removable address book and birthday calendar that is transferable from one year to the next.
However, on the cons side, it has a rather rigid formatting- if this works for you, great! Otherwise, there isn’t a lot of room to customize. Additionally, the left side with dates is blank, the right side is lined and there are no dots for guidance. Because the left side is blank between the lines for the day of the week, ghosting seems to be worse because of blank paper. Finally, this weekly planner must be purchased yearly, instead of used as you like it.
You can find the Leuchtturm1917 Weekly Planner from July to January at GouletPens.com for $24.95.
|The pages of a Leuchtturm1917 A5 Dot Grid Notebook customized into a bullet journal.|
Which Leuchtturm1917 A5 Notebook do you use? Leave a comment and let us know!
The Goulet Pen Company Team