We’re starting a new monthly event to tie into our Ink Drop club (if you aren’t familiar with it, go here to learn more). Each month on the blog when we reveal what the colors were for the theme, we’ll commence a contest! All you have to do is to submit an entry that uses all five Ink Drop colors and is related to that month’s theme.
July’s theme was Summer Olympics. Each color represents one of the five rings in the Olympic flag, and each ink is from a different country. The colors chosen were:
- De Atramentis Gold
- Diamine Ulta Green
- J. Herbin Rouge Caroubier
- Noodler’s Black Eel
- Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa
Contest Entry Guidelines/Rules:
- You can submit any kind of writing or artwork. It can be an ink review, a poem, a watercolor wash, a sketch, or even get all scientific with chromatography… it just has to be ink on paper.
- You must use all five Ink Drop colors.
- Entry can be submitted electronically (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or via snail mail (The Goulet Pen Company, 10201 Maple Leaf Court, Ashland, VA 23005). Any physical submissions will become our property to hang up on our letter wall. :)
- Entry must be received by July 31, 2012 at 11:59pm EST.
- You can submit as many entries as you like, but you will only be eligible for one prize.
- Please include your name and email when submitting your entry so that we can contact you if you’re a winner!
- The voting period will be open on August 1, 2012 and close on August 6, 2012 at 11:59pm EST. It will be announced through Ink Nouveau with a link to the image gallery and a link to vote. You may vote once – just vote for your favorite entry!
- The entry receiving with the most votes will win a $25 GouletPens.com gift certificate. The second- and third-place entries will each receive a $10 gift certificate. We’ll announce the winners on August 7 on Ink Nouveau.
Email us if you have any questions, and let us know what you thought of this month’s colors in the comments below!