March 2013’s Ink Drop theme was “Fade to Black”, featuring a grey-black range of colors. The 5 ink colors we chose were:
Now on to this month’s contest! Here are the contest entry guidelines/rules:
- You can submit any kind of writing or artwork. It can be an ink
review, a poem, a watercolor wash, a sketch, swabs, lettering, or even
get all scientific with chromatography… it just has to be ink on
- You must use all five Ink Drop colors.
- It would be awesome if it relates to the theme, but not required.
- Entry can be submitted electronically (email email@example.com)
or via snail mail (The Goulet Pen Company, 10201 Maple Leaf Court,
Ashland, VA 23005). Any physical submissions will become our property to
hang up on our letter wall. :)
- Entry must be received by March 31, 2013 at 11:59pm EST.
- You can submit as many entries as you like, but you will only be eligible for one prize.
- Please include your name and email when submitting your entry so that we can contact you if you’re a winner!
- The voting period will be open on April 1, 2013 and close a few days later. It will be announced through Ink
Nouveau with a link to the image gallery and a link to vote.
- The entries will be divided into two categories:
Writing and Art. The entry in each category receiving with the most
votes will win a $25
GouletPens.com gift certificate (two total). The runners-up in each
will each receive a $10 gift certificate (two total). That’s four prizes
in all! We’ll announce the winners on Ink Nouveau after the voting period ends.
Curious about Ink Drop? Click here to learn more about our monthly ink sample subscription program.
Email us if you have any questions, and let us know what you thought of this month’s colors in the comments below!