Mark your calendars for 1pm EDT on this Wednesday, April 17. It’s release day at Goulet! It’s been since September of 2012 since we did a timed release, we only reserve this for very important products that we anticipate will be in extremely high demand. We have kind of a perfect storm this Wednesday. There’s a lot of great stuff coming in, and most of it is going to go fast. This blog post is really just a heads up, so you can arrange your schedule so that you can get these limited pens if you’ve had your eye on them.
Here’s what we’re getting in:
Noodler’s Ripple Ebonite Konrad Flex Pens, in Rebellion Red, Sahara Gray, and a limited edition Dixie #10 (see Nathan’s video here). The Sahara will be plentiful, but the other two colors are going to be extremely limited in quantity and will likely sell out very quickly, particularly the Rebellion Red.
Noodler’s Acrylic Konrad Flex Pens, in four colors. These are brand new pens, featuring the same Noodler’s Konrad flex nib but with a glossy acrylic acetate body (the same kind of material you see with many high-end pen companies – one might say they have a lot of chatoyance!). They will be the first resin Noodler’s pens without the distinctive “Noodler’s pen smell”. They’re seriously impressive. This is part of a new line, with more colors to come in the future.
Edison Beaumont Stealth. This is a limited edition pen, with an all-black glossy resin body and special smoky grey ruthenium-plated hardware and nib. Only 100 have been made worldwide. We are only receiving one shipment, so once they’re gone, that’s it! They’ll be available in extra-fine, fine, medium, and broad stainless steel nibs.
We are also receiving a shipment of Pilot Metropolitans and fine-nibbed resin Namiki Falcons. We aren’t sure as of this newsletter whether they will make it in time for the Wednesday release, but we’re optimistic. Worst case, they’ll come on Thursday (just make a note in your order comments if you order on Wednesday that you’d like your order to be held to be combined with a second order).
Here’s how it’s going to work:
Because of the limited nature of many of these items, you’re going to have to be diligent in purchasing as close to the release time as possible. Here’s everything you need to know to give yourself the best chance:
- Sign up on the email notification list for any item you’re interested in, which you do by clicking on the ’email me when back in stock’ link below the ‘Add to Cart’ button on the product page, then typing in your email. As soon as we make it available for purchase, you’ll be notified by email. This isn’t required for you to buy it, but is just an extra reminder to let you know as soon as it is live and available for sale.
- Get to GouletPens.com as close to 1pm Eastern US time as you possibly can, because that’s when we’re releasing these products for sale. We chose this time to accommodate the most number of people around the world as possible. We know that it’s not an ideal time for everyone, and we’re really sorry if it isn’t for you.
- Load other items into your shopping cart ahead of time. Get to GouletPens.com early, and load up whatever else you want before 1pm EDT. Once we make the new products live, all you have to do is add it to your cart and checkout with everything else you already have. The first people to checkout get it, just having it in your shopping cart doesn’t reserve it for you!
- Arrange for someone else to purchase it if you’re not able to at 1pm. If you have an important meeting or appointment at the time of the release, arrange for a family member or friend to help you purchase it. It’s impossible for us to predict how fast the we’ll sell out, we’ll honestly be pretty surprised if some of these items last to the end of the day.
- Make sure your login and credit card/PayPal is working properly. There’s nothing worse than going through all of the excitement of getting your order in your cart only to find out you can’t login, your card expired, or you forgot to update something on your PayPal account. Same goes with your billing/shipping address on our site. Get it all straight ahead of time so you know you’re good to go when you checkout.
- You have to order through GouletPens.com. There will be such a mad rush of people flocking to our site, shooting us emails, and calling us, that we can’t guarantee you anything unless it goes through our website. Our inventory is real-time through our site, and it’s the only way for us to ensure that we don’t oversell. We’ll do our best to take your order over the phone if you need us to after 1:00pm, but we only have one phone line and may not be able to pick up right away. We’re sorry if this inconveniences you at all, but it’s the only way we can manage everything during a release like this. If you are having technical issues with our website at that time email us and we will help you as soon as possible.
- Our site will go down just before 1pm. As we’ve learned from past experience, our site can get flooded with traffic around the time of the release. Everyone then refreshes the page in their browser, which jams the traffic even more. The slower it gets, the more everyone refreshes, to the point where the site either crashes or jams up so bad that it takes 10 minutes or more to refresh! To avoid all that drama, we’ll be shutting the site down completely a few minutes before 1pm so that there will be no logjam. Then, we can bring the site back up right at 1pm, and everyone will be happy 🙂 So don’t completely freak out if the site’s down for 5-10 minutes before 1pm, that’s intentional.
One other note: our Goulet nibs are running low on stock, and will likely get cleared out pretty well with this release (some sizes even before the release). Don’t let that hold up an order for any of these pens. We will have more nibs, but many of these pens will be a one-shot deal. More nibs are expected around the first week of June. We know that seems like an eternity, but it’s the fastest we are able to get more! The good news is that we’re increasing our quantities of nibs dramatically, and we will be expanding into the two-tone finish, as well.
We’ll “see” you at 1pm EDT on Wednesday, April 17. Feel free to email us with any questions!
Brian & Rachel Goulet