I love a good Turquoise ink! It pops off the page making it a fun color to use. I don’t have much experience with Monteverde inks, but I wanted to give one a try since we have a special through December. With the purchase of select Monteverde pens, you get a free bottle of Monteverde ink. You even get to choose the color! I was impressed with how this Turquoise ink performed, so this is definitely one you should consider.
- LAMY AL-Star with medium steel nib (also EF and B nib)
- Rhodia No. 16 Notepad Dot Grid, 80g white paper
- Tomoe River white paper
- Moleskine notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- Slow: Pretty slow dry time, but it didn’t bother me. Just be sure to give it some to dry before turning the page.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low: I’m usually using this color ink for notes around the office or while I’m sitting at my desk, so water resistance is not critical. You can see the droplets of water virtually erased the ink (especially in the top right corner of the grid), so that’s something to keep in mind when using this ink.
- Medium: You’re able to see a difference between swabs 1 and 3, but not between 2 and 3. You will see a darker, richer color when more ink is put down.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Easy: No problems cleaning this off the nib or out of the pen. Sometimes I leave ink in my pens for some time, so easy cleaning is always a plus in my book!
- Medium: This ink offers some definite shading, but nothing super crazy. I like it though; it’s noticeable but not distracting.
- Wet: This is a lubricated ink, so it won’t dry out in your pen! I loved the flow when writing on all the different kinds of paper. This was one of the major advantages with this ink.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- 90 ml bottle
- Interesting bottle design, narrow opening could potentially be difficult to fill from when ink level is low
Overall, I really enjoyed this ink. It’s bright, but still very readable on the page. I love using turquoise ink while taking notes, making grocery or to-do lists or when I’m writing letters to friends.
If you’re thinking about getting a Monteverde pen, now’s the time! You’ll get a free bottle of ink with select purchases, making it great as a gift set for the upcoming holiday season. This “free ink with select purchase special” will be running through the end of December.
You can find a 30ml bottle or a 2ml sample of Monteverde Caribbean Blue at Gouletpens.com. We also have an ink sample package available that includes samples of the most popular Monteverde inks we have.
Are you a turquoise fan?