It’s that time of year again, when manufacturers re-assess their costs and pass on any necessary price increases forward. We do have some increases to report, as well as some decreases — all effective on January 1, 2016. We wanted to give you a head’s up in case you were thinking about purchasing any of these items.
If you don’t see an item listed here, then it isn’t changing price, or at least not in January. As for the following, you may see some variances in what other retailers charge for these products. We can only speak to our prices.
- IM Premium fountain pens are going from $51.20 to $53.60
- Urban Premium fountain pens are going from $63.20 to $66.40
- Bottled inks are going from $11 to $12
- Converter is going from $10 to $11
- Ink cartridges are going from $5 to $6
- Falcon fountain pens are going from $144 to $152
- Vanishing Point fountain pens are going from $140 to $148
- Varsity fountain pens are going from $3 to $3.25 (the assorted 7-pack is going from $20 to $21)
- VP nib units are going from $61 to $81.15
- 1951 pocket staplebound notebooks are going from $3 to $2.95
- 1951 A5 staplebound notebooks are going from $4.50 to $3.95
- 1951 A5 clothbound notebooks are going from $9.00 to $6.95 – we don’t have these at the moment, but we may bring these back if you’d like us to!
- Vergé de France A5 tablets are going from $12.50 to $12
- Vergé de France A4 tablets are going from $16 to $15
- Vergé de France small envelopes are going from $14.50 to $13.50
- Vergé de France large envelopes are going from $17 to $16
- Letter brass seals are going from $14 to $12 (we’ll adjust our wax seal package set accordingly, too)
- Habana pocket notebook is going from $16 to $14.95
- Habana A5 notebooks are going from $24 to $19.95
- Habana A4 notebook is going from $30 to $26.95
- Webnotebook pocket notebooks are going from $16 in price to $13.95
- Webnotebook A5 notebooks are going from $25 in price to $19.95
We’ve definitely seen worse years as far as price increase go… this one doesn’t seem too bad.
On a side note, it’s really cool of companies like Exaclair (who distributes Clairefontaine, Rhodia, J. Herbin, G. Lalo, and Quo Vadis) to pass on price decreases to their retailers and customers, so major props to them.
Hope this information helped!