Hey fountain pen friends,
We’ll cut to the chase – our shipment of Lamy Safari Dark Lilac (both pens & ink) has been delayed again. We are now expecting our shipment to arrive later this week.
UPDATE as of 4/26/16!!! The pens arrived today, on 4/26, sooner than we thought after posting this blog post! We have a good stock of pens, but the ink sold out in hours in both bottle and cartridge form. We’re told more ink will be available at the end of May, sorry for the shortage :( But the pens we anticipate being well-stocked.
We are so sorry for the additional delay – we are as disappointed as you are.
So what’s happening? A series of misfortunate events. Two of our core values are “Be Honest” and “Trust is our currency”, so we wanted to be upfront with you and let you in on the situation at hand.
- We knew this would be a highly anticipated release, so we placed a much larger-than-normal order for these pens. The pens arrived from Germany to the US two weeks ago. Because of the size of our order, it took several extra days for Lamy USA to box and label the pens up for us. They also suffered an internet/power outage which added an extra day before shipment.
- It finally shipped out last Tuesday. We were originally told the shipment would arrive on Thursday.
- After the shipment left Texas, the tracking was updated to Friday delivery instead of Thursday.
- We called FedEx to see if there was anything they could do to expedite it and get it to us sooner, but once it was on the truck/train, there wasn’t much they could do.
- On Wednesday, we called FedEx to see if they could at least deliver it on Friday morning (as opposed to Friday afternoon). At that point we learned that it was rescheduled to arrive in Richmond Va. on Sunday, with delivery on Monday.
- With that information, we told all of you to expect it to arrive on Monday.
- We then called FedEx this morning to see if we could arrange a morning delivery instead of afternoon, and learned that it’s still not in Virginia.
- As of this morning, our shipment is sitting in a train yard in another state, waiting to be unloaded and put on a truck to Virginia.
- Based on where the shipment is, we don’t think a delivery tomorrow is realistic; we’re now expecting the shipment to arrive here on Wednesday or possibly later in the week. We’re hesitant to announce a specific launch date after all of these delays because FedEx hasn’t given us a confirmed delivery date yet.