Hey there, ink lovers! Madigan here, reviewing Private Reserve Spearmint ink. I used this glorious green ink in my Monday Matchup a few weeks ago and love the vibrancy of this stunning ink. I just started a small herb garden and planted a Spearmint plant. The color is very similar to this vibrant, lively green. If you are look for a stand out green ink with plenty of shading, this may be the one for you. Read on to get all the juicy details!
- Lamy Al-Star with medium steel nib (also EF and B nib)
- Rhodia No. 16 dotpad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River white paper
- Moleskine notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- Medium-This ink took under 30 seconds. That makes it a pretty standard ink and good for a variety of situations from note taking to letter writing to journaling. It may not be the best ink for lefties.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low-This ink is not at all water resistant. It looks beautiful in ink washes though!
- Medium-This ink has a standard amount of saturation. You can see a difference between the first and second swab, but not the second and third.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Easy-With low water resistance, comes an easy cleaning experience. Despite the brightness of the pigments in this ink, it washed away quickly.
- High– This ink is a great shader! It goes from a lime green to a dark forest green, all in one letter. I wasn’t expecting that and loves seeing the great shading while writing with it.
- Medium– Pretty standard amount of flow here. No troubles with gushes or hard starts.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- 66ml glass bottle with 2ml ink samples also available.
- Utilitarian bottle with a wide neck. Good for filling your pen!
- Attractive, but not an ostentatious box
If you are looking for a beautifully shading bright green ink, look no further! I really enjoyed working with this ink. The combination of great flow, easy cleaning, and fantastic shading make the perfect green for journal writing, letters, or even notes. It’s a bit bright for the workplace, but if your office is a little more relaxed, you may be able to get away with it.
You can find Private Reserve Spearmint at Gouletpens.com in a 66ml bottle for $11, a pack of cartridges for $5.60, or a 2ml ink sample for $1.25.
Do you like bright green inks? Leave a comment below and let me know which one is your favorite!