We have another awesome “Goulet Guests” to share with you in lieu of the usual Goulet Q&A this week. Back in April at the Atlanta Pen Show, Brian had the opportunity to sit down with Myke Hurley, professional podcaster and co-host of the Pen Addict podcast.
Brian and Myke had some fun in the sun talking all things podcasts, social media engagement, and of course, fountain pens! Here’s an overview of the questions they talked about:
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, who you are, what do you do?
- How did you get into podcasting?
- What drew you to podcasting as your medium of choice?
- How many different podcasts are you managing?
- What does the Relay FM team look like?
- You weren’t always doing podcasting full time, what was that transition like?
- Would you call yourself a pen guy?
- Since the UK has a bigger fountain pen culture, how was growing up in the UK for you?
- What brought you to the Atlanta pen show?
- What was your experience with Kickstarter like?
- Some fans get really touchy about influencers getting sponsored or paid, is this anything you get feedback on a lot? What’s your take on it?
- Do you have any involvement on The Pen Addict Blog? Or is it just the podcast?
- You have a really engaged Twitter audience, is that your main social media focus?
- Where are your favorite places to engage?
- What are some changes you’ve see in the pen community since you started with Pen Addict?
- Do they have pen shows like this in the UK at all?
- Do you follow any other people/bloggers in the pen world?
- Is the Pen Addict your longest running show now?
Be sure to follow Myke on Twitter, Instagram, and check out Relay FM! You can also find past Goulet Guests interviews here.