Hey friends! It’s Katy and you may know me from answering your questions on Live Chat or chit chatting with you on the phone. As Summer draws to a close, I thought I’d share a little bit of my life in this week’s Monday Matchup.
This week’s pairing is the newer Diamine Burgundy Royale and TWSBI’s Vac 700R. The luxuriously silky flow of Diamine ink didn’t disappoint. And after I was finished, I realized something new about myself. TWSBI hands down has my favorite nibs. There I said it. I still love Lamy but TWSBI has stolen my heart. The medium nib was slick and smooth. It never faltered for me, even over the multiple days I came back to work on my doodles.
To get things started, I set up the banner on my Rhodia No. 16 blank notepad. “Summer Summary” just seemed nice together so I went with it. Summer is my favorite season. I was born in Florida and the love for humidity just stuck with me even after moving North. I love the feeling of getting into an ultra-warm car and driving with the windows down and AC on my feet. For me, that’s living!
After my banner was complete, my doodling evolved from there. Pinterest was a huge source of inspiration. I started in one corner and just worked my way around the page until it looked complete. Creativity doesn’t come easy to me, which I why I had to put the piece away and come back to it every once in awhile. But it was fun to reflect over all the things I had the chance to do during the Summer of 2017. I saw friends get married. Every Tuesday was spent doing free yoga in the park with about 200 other locals. And who else ate a ton of guacamole? Yum! If I were to do this Summer Summary again, I would definitely choose a larger piece of paper. I could have easily come up with many more things that stood out in my mind for this past Summer. It was such a great season with friends, family, and being in a city that I love.
I love how the pen and ink worked together. I only had to fill the TWSBI Vac 700R once for this project and I even took the pen to a few meetings. The TWSBI nib was juicy and smooth. I will say that I wished the pen posted because I have a tendency to misplace caps. Diamine ink is always lovely, in my opinion. And for this I like the rich color of Burgundy Royale. There wasn’t an intense amount of shading but, still, the color was fun to use. This combination could be used to grade papers, bullet journal, or even to take notes in a meeting like I did. The color of Burgundy Royale will transition nicely into to a lovely autumn color palette.
Want to enter for your chance to win this great duo? Check out the Monday Matchup Giveaway rules below!
- Match a pen and ink together. They don’t have to match in color, any fountain pen, and ink works.
- Take a picture of your pen and ink matchup.
- Find the entry details and instructions below on how to share your picture with us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or as a blog comment*.
- You can choose to enter only one way or submit up to 4 different entries if you’d like. Feel free to use the same picture for all 4 entries.
- Confirm your entry via the Rafflecopter widget below which will record your entries. This is how we’ll draw a random winner. Since it’s totally random, you’re eligible to win each week!
- *Due to recent changes with the Disqus platform, you must register for a Disqus account in order to post a photo entry in the blog comments.
The contest is open Monday, August 28, 2017 at 12 pm EST until Tuesday, August 29, 2017, at 12 pm EST. One winner will be randomly selected and announced tomorrow once the contest closes. The winner must live in a country that Goulet Pens currently ships to. Click here to see the Official Contest Rules.