Happy Monday, fountain pen friends! Margaret here, and I’m happy to say that we’ve had a few fall days here in Virginia recently. It’s without a doubt my favorite season, so I decided to dedicate this Monday Matchup to it. While my pen and ink certainly feel more summery, they still were the perfect tools to create my fall bucket list. (My family went apple picking this past weekend, so I’ve already crossed something off my list!)
This week, I used the LAMY Al-Star Pacific with a medium nib and the matching LAMY Pacific ink. I like making lists of things I want to accomplish during a particular season, and after seeing Katy’s summer-inspired Monday Matchup, I decided I needed to create one for fall too. I kept things super simple and made the title in cursive and created the checklist down below. I did my best at sketching a very simple tree. I started with the ink splatter by using an ink syringe, and drew the tree trunk and leaves around it, and I loved how it turned out. Sometimes I can feel intimated when I pick up my pens and ink. The potential they have is endless, but often I feel most satisfied with the simplest creation.
I love the LAMY Al-Star, and this 2017 special edition color, Pacific, is really stunning. (And it won’t be around forever!) I’d recommend this pen to anyone, newbies and enthusiasts alike. It’s easy to fill and easy to write with. I really enjoy the medium nib, but I think I would have liked it even more if I had swapped a broad nib on to it. The LAMY Pacific ink might be one of my new favorite inks! It flows well and has nice shading, which are two of the things I look for in inks that I use. What I love is that it’s bright and vibrant so it really stands out on the page. It’d be great for notes or letters. Although it wasn’t the best fall color for my theme, I was still super happy with this ink.
Enter to win this fountain pen and ink by following these directions!
- Match a pen and ink together. They don’t have to match in color, any fountain pen, and ink works.
- Take a picture of your pen and ink matchup.
- Find the entry details and instructions below on how to share your picture with us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or as a blog comment*.
- You can choose to enter only one way or submit up to 4 different entries if you’d like. Feel free to use the same picture for all 4 entries.
- Confirm your entry via the Rafflecopter widget below which will record your entries. This is how we’ll draw a random winner. Since it’s totally random, you’re eligible to win each week!
- *Due to recent changes with the Disqus platform, you must register for a Disqus account in order to post a photo entry in the blog comments.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The contest is open Monday, October 9, 2017 at 12 pm EST until Tuesday,
October 10, 2017, at 12 pm EST. One winner will be randomly selected and
announced tomorrow once the contest closes. The winner must live in a
country that Goulet Pens currently ships to. Click here to see the Official Contest Rules.