Margaret here with a new pen and ink matchup for you! I had a chance to ink up our new Conklin Classic Rainfall with Robert Oster Morning Mist and let me just tell you that I loved it! I chose a broad nib and it was so smooth. We have our Goulet Pens nib on the Classic and this broad nib was so much fun to write with.
I wasn’t feeling particularly inspired for this matchup and originally wanted to go with something water-themed because of the name of the pen and ink, but I just couldn’t get anywhere with that theme. I’ve been listening to a lot of James Taylor’s music lately (thanks to my dad!) and decided some of his lyrics (originally written by Carole King) would be fun to write out. I chose the Leuchtturm1917 Master Slim dotted notebook since I don’t normally have a reason to use a notebook that big. I wrote out the lyrics free hand and while it’s definitely not perfect, the writing experience with the Goulet nib was seriously so enjoyable. Morning Mist is a really beautiful color that pops on the page. My only complaint is that the nib and the paper were not the best match. There is some feathering if you look up close to the writing, so I’m not sure I would use such a wet nib on this paper. It’s better suited for an extra-fine or fine nib.
The Classic is a lightweight fountain pen made of ebonite, and overall very comfortable to write with. The entire writing experience was great. Robert Oster Morning Mist would be great to use to take notes, write letters, or even at work if you can get by without a true blue or black ink. The color reminds me a lot of Diamine Marine which is one of my favorites.
Enter to win this Conklin Classic and Robert Oster Morning Mist by following these directions!
- Match a pen and ink together. They don’t have to match in color, any fountain pen, and ink works.
- Take a picture of your pen and ink matchup.
- Find the entry details and instructions below on how to share your picture with us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or as a blog comment*.
- You can choose to enter only one way or submit up to 4 different entries if you’d like. Feel free to use the same picture for all 4 entries.
- Confirm your entry via the Rafflecopter widget above which will record your entries. This is how we’ll draw a random winner. Since it’s totally random, you’re eligible to win each week!
- *Due to recent changes with the Disqus platform, you must register for a Disqus account in order to post a photo entry in the blog comments.
The contest is open Monday, January 29, 2018, at 12 pm EST until Tuesday, January 30, 2018, at 12 pm EST. One winner will be randomly selected and announced tomorrow once the contest closes. The winner must live in a country that Goulet Pens currently ships to. Click here to see the Official Contest Rules.
Do you have a favorite song or lyrics?