Hey friends, Sarah here! Valentine’s Day is two days away so I’m dishing up some fuzzy feelings with my Monday Matchup today. The upcoming holiday isn’t my favorite, but I love to use it as an excuse to make a special card for my loved ones or celebrate with my gal pals. This Monday Matchup is dedicated to my husband Ross (who also works here at Goulet Pens in Customer Care!), who I always sing this song to. 🙂
I’m in love with all of the Robert Oster inks and I was especially excited to try African Gold, with its honey colored hues. The Lamy LX Gold paired perfectly with this ink. Maybe I have a thing for gold pens and ink? One of my recent matchups was also gold themed.
I first began by looking at photos of honey bees, then sketching their shapes out. I took the brush pen and dipped it into a little ink, drawing in the hexagon honeycomb around their bodies. Then I took the pen and drew in all of the little details on the bees, trying to make them look fuzzy and textured. The pen wrote smoothly when I wrote with it, and the ink flowed freely with the medium nib. The African Gold ink had great shading as it varied from shades of darker brown to a light gold. It was definitely legible, and would make a great ink if you’re looking to try out a cheerful color that’s a little different.
This combo would be great for anything! As I’ve said in the past, I love the design of Lamy and their nibs are smooth. Aesthetically, the LX is a little flashier than the normal Al-Stars so it feels like a fashion statement if that’s what you’re looking for. It feels to me like a bold piece of jewelry and I can imagine this pen completing an outfit or being given for a special occasion- a golden birthday perhaps. I had fun with this match up and wouldn’t change a thing about it!
Enter to win this fountain pen and ink by following these directions!
How to enter Monday Matchup Giveaway:
- Match a pen and ink together. They don’t have to match in color, any fountain pen, and ink works.
- Take a picture of your pen and ink matchup.
- Find the entry details and instructions below on how to share your picture with us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or as a blog comment*.
- You can choose to enter only one way or submit up to 4 different entries if you’d like. Feel free to use the same picture for all 4 entries.
- Confirm your entry via the Rafflecopter widget below which will record your entries. This is how we’ll draw a random winner. Since it’s totally random, you’re eligible to win each week!
- *Due to recent changes with the Disqus platform, you must register for a Disqus account in order to post a photo entry in the blog comments.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The contest is open Monday, February 12, 2018, at 12 pm EST until Tuesday, February 13, 2018, at 12 pm EST. One winner will be randomly selected and announced tomorrow once the contest closes. The winner must live in a country that Goulet Pens currently ships to. Click here to see the Official Contest Rules.