Hello! This week I got to take a closer look at another one of the new Colorverse inks. I love blue inks, and Supernova didn’t disappoint! It’s a nice cheery cerulean blue that I think anyone would enjoy. Read on to see why!
- Lamy Al-Star with medium steel nib (also EF and B nib)
- Rhodia No. 16 dotpad, 80g white paper
- Tomoé River white paper
- Moleskine notebook
Smear Test (Dry Time):
- More than 30 seconds– The ink smeared just a tiny bit at 30 seconds, so I feel pretty confident it would have been dry at around 35 seconds.
Drip Test (Water Resistance):
- Low – There was hardly any ink left after the water was applied, so this ink doesn’t have much water resistance.
- Medium – I could see a difference between swab 1 & 2, but not much between swabs 2 & 3. Swab 3 definitely had the most sheen on it though.
Ease of Cleaning:
- Easy – I was easily able to flush it out of my pen without much trouble!
- Medium – I wouldn’t say the ink had a ton of shading, but it wasn’t a completely solid color throughout, so there was a little bit of shading.
- Wet – It was a really pleasurable ink to write with and flowed nicely.
Packaging and Aesthetics:
- The box comes with both a 65ml bottle and a 15ml bottle of the ink. The little 15ml one is so cute! The presentation is great and they come in a nice box that fits the theme of the ink.
I love the color of this ink- it’s a good blue for most occasions, but it’s got some extra cheerfulness and brightness to it. It also has some great red sheen that I was able to see on the Tomoé River paper and when I layered swabs on top of each other on Rhodia paper. A winner in my books!