We have a very special episode of Goulet Guests today! Chet Herbert, founder of The Herbert Pen Company, recently stopped by the Goulet Pens office to have a chat with Brian! The Herbert Pen Company is also based in Richmond, VA and creates gorgeous handmade fountain pens.
We’re excited to show off our first collaboration together, the Herbert Monument Liberty! This demonstrator fountain pen actually has ribbons of Noodler’s Liberty’s Elysium ink-dyed paper swirling around its barrel.
Beyond showing off this dazzling new pen, Brian & Chet touch on a variety of different topics! Here’s a rundown:
- How did Chet get into the pen world?
- While it started as a hobby, why did Chet decide to turn this into a full-fledged business?
- What pen influencers did he follow as he got started?
- What is Herbert Pens known for? Does he have a specialty?
- How did the city of Richmond influence his pen names & designs?
- Explains his full process for creating custom pens, including the Monument Liberty
What did you think of the interview? Do you like our first pen collaboration? Leave a comment below!
The Goulet Pen Company