In November 2018, I had the chance to travel to NYC to attend the celebration of the grand opening of the LAMY Soho store. It was a great time to see the store, host a meet up with lots of other pen fans, and connect with several LAMY employees who had come in from their headquarters in Heidelberg, Germany.
I had the chance to sit down with Kristina Schmidt who is the store manager for the LAMY Flagship store in Heidelberg and Isabel Bohny who is the Head of International Marketing.
Some of what we covered in the interview includes:
- Why does LAMY want a physical store presence in New York and San Francisco, what is the vision for these stores?
- Why is it important for a global company like LAMY to have a physical store presence?
- What were some of the challenges with designing this store?
- What are some of the elements of this store of which you’re the proudest?
- What are some things we can look forward to seeing from LAMY in the future?
If you ever find yourself in the New York City area, I definitely recommend making a stop at LAMY’s store! Their address is 452 West Broadway, New York, New York 10012.