Hello, everyone! My name is Micah, I am a Receiving Specialist here at Goulet. You may have also seen me on a few episodes of Write Now, where I’ve shared my excitement for Noodler’s inks and my self- proclaimed “fan boy” status for Nathan Tardif’s inky creations. This month, I’m excited to share Noodler’s Fox with you and tell you more about what makes this ink a must-try in my book. It is a no nonsense matte red that writes well!
Drawing Inspiration and Technique
The inspiration for this piece is pretty clear, I drew a fox because the ink is named Fox. I started out with a pencil to get my shapes and outlines right. When I was happy with it, I erased the pencil lines so they wouldn’t be visible. Then I used a TWSBI ECO and drew over my erased pencil lines. I grabbed a brush pen and filled in the fox and added texture to the background. I kept it pretty simple but I think it shows off the ink well!
- Flow- Wet
- It has a dry feel when writing, but it is not scratchy, and has no trouble writing.
- It flows well out of the nib
- Dry Time- <5 Seconds
- Very quick!
- The ink does not smudge at all, even after 5 seconds
- Water Resistance- High
- The lines smudge a bit in the drip test swab but don’t move at all in the individual drop spots.
- The writing would still be legible on the page after water exposure.
- Shading- Low
- The color is pretty consistent, no shading apparent.
- How did the ink behave on other papers?
- This ink did bleedthrough a bit on all of the papers used in the swabs.
- Some feathering and ghosting with wetter nibs.
- Special Features Worth Noting?
- It is what Nathan calls “eternal”
- he says this about it “’Eternal’ refers to any Noodler’s Ink that resists the effects of time – moisture, humidity, UV light, acids, water exposure, and many common detergents such as dish soaps and household ammonia, as well as alcohols and acetone”
Giveaway (Wednesday, September 25 – Wednesday, October 2, 2019)
Would you like to win your own bottle of Noodler’s Fox and a TWSBI Eco in your choice of nib size? We will be giving this prize away one each of the four platforms mentioned below (There will be four winners total, one each on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and here on the blog). Winners will be randomly selected after the contest closes.
How to enter the Inksploration Giveaway:
- Match a pen and ink together. They don’t have to match in color, any fountain pen, and ink works.
- You can choose to enter only one way or submit up to 4 different entries if you’d like. Feel free to use the same picture for all 4 entries.
- Here’s how to enter: