One of the best things you can do for your fountain pens is clean them regularly! In this video, we walk you through the steps to properly clean your piston-filling fountain pen.
Steps to follow here:
- Remove cap of your pen
- Dispel excess ink into a sink or cup
- Draw clean water into the pen from a cup (If your water is hard, we recommend using distilled water)
- Dispel that water back into the sink
- Repeat this process until water is clear (You could also draw water into the pen running water instead of a cup)
- Shake your pen to remove excess ink
- Gently blot nib and feed with a paper towel
- Dry and reassemble your clean pen
- Write on!
You can shop our pen cleaning supplies on GouletPens.com
Leave any questions you have in the comments and we’d be happy to help!
The Goulet Pen Company Team