We’ve updated our shipping timelines as of 12/7/2020. We’re seeing unprecedented disruptions with all our shipping carriers and encourage you to order early and hold on loosely to all expectations of delivery timelines during this historic holiday season.
The holiday season is upon us! Wait, is that right? What month is it again? (Checks calendar) Oh yeah, okay, guess it is that time…whew, okay. Well, with that in mind, we wanted to make this blog post which outlines our order deadlines to help you receive your holiday orders in plenty of time (probably, I mean, it’s 2020 so who knows).
While we’re not able to guarantee particular delivery dates, everyone here at Goulet Pens is working as hard as we can to make sure things are out the door and on the way to you as quickly as possible. 2020 is certainly an exceptional year with wildly unpredictable shipping delays with every carrier, higher e-commerce holiday volume overall, and unpredictable staffing with COVID-19 impacts as we enter into the colder weather. With all that in mind, please expect our typical turnaround to be closer to 2-3 business days from when you place your order to when we ship it out. We normally aim for 1-2 business days, but we’re just trying to anticipate the unanticipatable (okay, that’s not a word but you get what we’re saying).
Shipping within the US for Christmas delivery:
- Order by Friday, December 11th if you are shipping via USPS.
- Order by Thursday, December 17th if you are shipping via FedEx 2-Day.
- Order by Friday, December 18th if you are shipping via FedEx Overnight (overnight does not deliver on weekends).
- All of these dates are estimates and not guarantees, we’re seeing unprecedented delays and complications due to COVID-19 and the increase in demand with shipping carriers. Your continued flexibility is greatly appreciated!
- Basically, we encourage you to order ASAP. We cannot make any guarantees for delivery dates this year, as COVID-19 has caused unprecedented delays with both shipping carriers as well as customs clearance. We wish we could offer more certainty, but that’s just not something that’s in store for 2020. As always, please be aware delivery cannot be completed if customs duties/import taxes are not paid, and we are not responsible for any delay that failure to pay these duties may cause.
Bottom line: The sooner, the better when it comes to ordering your holiday gifts! And hey, worst case, we also offer e-gift cards which don’t have to be shipped at all!
Our office will be closed on December 24th and 25th to spend time with our families and recuperate from…well, this whole year. ;)
We’d love to help you as you shop so feel free to send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), live chat with us on GouletPens.com, or give us a call (804-368-0482) if we can help!
Happy Holidays & Write On,