Hello again! Things have been pretty busy around the Goulet shop lately, and they're not going to let up anytime soon. We just found out that Alex, our chief admin gal, is going to be leaving us to pursue another job. We're incredibly sad to see her go as she's come to be a very integral part of the Goulet experience, but life goes on. Rachel and I are going to have to step in to fill in Alex's very big shoes, and we're working to get our new admin (also named Rachel, that should only be a bit confusing!) trained and up to speed. It's going to take a good bit of time to make this transition, and our focus will be required to keep the internal workings of our company operating smoothly over the next few months. Write Time, though we love it, is a big commitment of our personal time, and we're going to have to put it on hold for the time being. We're not sure what the future of Write Time will hold for us, we're just going to be taking things a day at a time around here.
We also have some updates on product timelines:
- TWSBI 580's were supposed to be here at the end of the month, that's what we were told when we talked to them late Tuesday afternoon. But according to a thread they posted on FPN, apparently the timeline for them changed to late February.
- We're still waiting on Diamine Music Sets to come in, and though the offering will be limited at first, they are going to be a regularly available product. This is different than what we were originally told by the Diamine distributor, and what we said in last week's Write Time.
- We are going to be getting some TWSBI mechanical pencils in, mainly just to play with them and dip our toes in the water. We've had a lot of people ask us about carrying pencils, and frankly we've always thought they're kind of neat, so what the heck, we'll give it a shot. We're not going nuts, and our focus will certainly still be on fountain pens all the way, but we're making the pencils available for anyone interested since they're not widely available now.
- We're also going to start carrying Pilot Varsities. Big whoop, you can get them everywhere, but they are pretty cool pens and you can actually refill them as eyedropper pens, which is not something widely known. I'll probably shoot a video on that at some point.
- We also talked about each of the 3 new Pilot Iroshizuku inks
- Towards the end of the video, we talked about our hiatus and all the changes we're going to go about internally at GPC. It's not anything you're likely to notice from the outside as we're working to keep everything we do publicly as stable as possible, but we will have a lot of internal changes that will ultimately work out much better for everyone. We're excited about the opportunity to get some fresh perspectives and new personalities into our company, and to be able to ultimately offer you more than we have in the past. That's our goal!
Thanks to you all for keep up with Write Time and spending your free time with us, we do really enjoy your company and we will be a little sad to be on yet another hiatus. We know it's going to be better in the long run, and we're excited about the chance to tighten up our operation a little bit so that we can continue to rock your fountain pen world!