We're all human, and we all make mistakes. Having learned from the error of our own ways and from the vast amount of feedback and experiences we hear from customers, we've compiled a list of the biggest mistakes we see made with fountain pens. Hopefully, now that you know them, you can avoid the disastrous results...
7) Carrying Your Fountain Pen in Your Pocket With Your Keys
Lamy Al-Stars and the Black Matte Pilot Vanishing Point. If you're going for that rough and tumble look or purchased a pen specifically designed for that purpose (think Kaweco Raw or Karas Kustoms), no big deal. If you were intending to keep it scratch-free, probably not great. Either avoid the pen in the pocket routine or get a pen slip to avoid the scratches all together.
6) Using Calligraphy Ink in Your Fountain Pen
5) Writing With Too Much Pressure
4) Not Cleaning Your Fountain Pen
Fountain Pen 101 Video on pen maintenance to learn how or refresh yourself on the pen cleaning process. Remember- when in doubt, clean it out!
3) Cleaning Your Fountain Pen With Rubbing Alcohol or Acetone
2) Dropping Your Fountain Pen Nib Down
1) Not Using Your Fountain Pen
- Bullet Journaling
- Urban Sketching
- Calligraphy or Flex Writing
- Writing Affirmations
- Thank-you notes
- Daily Journaling
- To-do lists
- Writing letters
What's your biggest fountain pen mistake?
The Goulet Pen Company Team