things first! The $25 GouletPens.com gift certificate first-prize
winner of the August “Get in the Shade” Ink Drop contest was Suzanne Lyons with her AMAZING artwork. She won with an overwhelming majority of all the votes. Congratulations!
We had a three-way tie for second and third place, so we’re giving all three of them a $10 gift certificate. The top runners-up were Lourdes Hadlock with her beautiful artwork featuring mixed colors of the five, Gary Linn with his sketch of a tree and a quote, and Rita McGregor’s amazing detailed mandala.
Thank you to everyone for your submissions!
Now on to September….
September’s Ink Drop theme is Staff Favorites.
These are some of our favorite colors among our employees at Goulet Pens. We’re going to be shooting a video next week once Alex returns from her honeymoon that explains why and how we chose the inks we did, so watch for that! The colors chosen were:
- De Atramentis Dianthus
- De Atramentis Sandalwood
- Diamine Apple Glory
- Noodler’s El Lawrence
- Noodler’s Liberty’s Elysium
Now on to this month’s contest! Same rules as last time. All you have to do is to
submit an entry that uses all five Ink Drop colors and is related to
that month’s theme.
Contest Entry Guidelines/Rules:
- You can submit any kind of writing or artwork. It can be an ink
review, a poem, a watercolor wash, a sketch, swabs, words, or even get all scientific
with chromatography… it just has to be ink on paper.
- You must use all five Ink Drop colors.
- It would be awesome if it relates to the theme, but not required.
- Entry can be submitted electronically (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
or via snail mail (The Goulet Pen Company, 10201 Maple Leaf Court,
Ashland, VA 23005). Any physical submissions will become our property to
hang up on our letter wall. :)
- Entry must be received by September 30, 2012 at 11:59pm EST.
- You can submit as many entries as you like, but you will only be eligible for one prize.
- Please include your name and email when submitting your entry so that we can contact you if you’re a winner!
- The voting period will be open on October 1, 2012 and close on October
6, 2012 at 11:59pm EST. It will be announced through Ink Nouveau with a
link to the image gallery and a link to vote. You may vote once – just
vote for your favorite entry!
- The entry receiving with the most votes will win a $25
GouletPens.com gift certificate. The second- and third-place entries
will each receive a $10 gift certificate. We’ll announce the winners on October 7 on Ink Nouveau.
Email us if you have any questions, and let us know what you thought of this month’s colors in the comments below!